Friday, May 1, 2015

Chapter Four - Getting Wet



              The water was chilly, but felt good since we had baked for an hour in the sun. We made our way gingerly over the small breakers, turning our backs to the waves and jumping as we reached the point where they were rolling in and breaking on our thighs. Never sure why people did this, since its inevitable that everyone at this point was going to be wet anyway, but we held our arms up out of the water like that was going to help. It didn't. I guess it was just a reaction to do that.
            The next wave rolled in and I decided it was time to bite the bullet. I dove into the wave as it broke and came up the other side of it, hair slicked back. I adjusted the suit. No need to have the cops called at this point.

            Phoebe still continued to dodge the waves, so I decided to help her get on with this swim. I headed over to her, wrapped my arms around her and brought her down into the next wave. We emerged and she spat water in my face...

© 2015 Susan Kotch All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment