Sunday, May 17, 2015

Chapter Twelve ~ Rainy Day Monday


        After a Sunday night of slinging ice cream at the Polar Palace, which was preceded with a day full of fun and frolic on Nick’s boat, the chilly Monday morning rain was actually a pleasant surprise. It gave me some time to just cuddle up in bed and rest my aching muscles, and allowed me to re-examine the battle scars from Saturday’s epic body-surfing session.  The island was filling up with vacationers, and now with today’s rain, I imagined that the local movie theaters and stores would enjoy the vacationers’ wallets.  It was all part of living in a tourist area - everyone wanted a piece of the action, and the weather played a huge role in who would benefit.  On a sunny day, the local stores selling all types of beach attire and accessories would win out, but on a rainy day the local malls and movie theaters would be on the winning end.   Rain usually cut down on the amount of visitors we would get at the Polar Palace, but it didn't matter to me right now, as it was my day off. All I wanted to do was relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment