Saturday, May 2, 2015

Chapter 5 - The Comp

             “I’m getting out! I’m freeeeezing!” I heard Phoebe yelling out to me from the spot where the waves were breaking right on her.  After 6 perfect rides into the shore (all after my run-in with the old-timer and the bathing suit mishap), I was exhausted, so I nodded to my fellow bodysurfers and began to head in.
            “Nice riding,” my competition said to me with a nod of his head.

            “You too.”  I returned the compliment.  We actually bonded when I found out that bathing cap lady and the old timer were husband and wife, and she complimented me on how gracefully I was able to take him out with my first ride in.  She swam in after that to check on him, and I just turned to my competition and shrugged my shoulders in an “I’m sorry” sort of way...

© 2015 Susan Kotch All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment