Sunday, May 17, 2015

Chapter Fourteen ~ Ugh, boys!

              Nick’s dad was taking Nick and Zack out for dinner that night, so Phoebe and I just hung inside at my house for the evening. She came over after she ate with her family, and parked herself in my room.  Of course the conversation drifted immediately into what happened at the movie theater.

            “I just don’t get what’s going on with Nick. One minute he acts like he likes me, and then I’m practically throwing myself at him to make him pay attention to me. Is he thick? Do I need to hit him over the head with a brick or something?” Phoebe was beside herself. She just couldn't figure this one out. Short of putting a neon sign on top of her head that says PHOEBE LOVES NICK, along with a few bottle rockets and roman candles shooting out from her ponytail, she was running out of ideas as to how to get him to loosen up with her. “And you, all you do is tell Zack you have a chill and he’s throwing his arm around you like he’s putting out a fire! Why does he get it, and Nick doesn’t?”



No comments:

Post a Comment