Sunday, May 10, 2015

Chapter Eleven - Wakeboarding and Zach

              I must be a good teacher because I was pretty impressed with how quickly Zack had picked up the skill of wakeboarding. After a few tries and losing the tow rope a couple of times as Nick accelerated, Zack seemed to get the hang of it and was able to cruise around the bay for a good 10 minute run before he would drop the line and cruise into a soft water landing.  Each time we circled around to pick him up, he’d ask to try it again. I noticed that Zack didn’t like to fail, and wanted to keep going until he felt he had mastered it.
            Phoebe and I sat in the back of the boat, eating our bagels, spotting together, and admiring the view. Phoebe was more so admiring Nick at the helm, but I kept my eye on Zack. He really was a good looking guy, I noticed.  I guess I noticed too much, because before long I was poked in the arm by someone next to me.
            “Hello! Earth to Casey! Didn’t you hear anything I said?”
            “Wh-hat? No, I was spotting.”

            “Spotting my butt! You are so checking him out! You like him! You like Zack….”


© 2015 Susan Kotch All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment