Sunday, May 10, 2015

Chapter Ten - Jersey Girl

“Casey, you are everything a Jersey Shore girl should be - smart, funny, tan, the best boogie-boarder and ice-cream scooper ever.”
“Really? Why, Zack, you are the most handsome, sweetest, tannest North Jersey boy I’ve ever met.  Please carry my beach chair for me? I want to see your big muscles protrude from under that tank top you are wearing.”
“Oh Casey, please let me kiss you...Smack! Slobber!”   What the...heck?
“Sasha! get off my bed!” I yelled at my GoldenDoodle who has just returned from a romp along the bay and has obviously decided to test the water and then run through the sand and come back to the house to let me know all about it. Her course tongue cleaned any bit of drool that may have dripped down my chin from the dream I was just having about me and…. Zack? What?  I glanced at the clock. It’s 9:00 am and I was reminded that today was wakeboarding day with Nick, Zack and Phoebe. We wanted to get onto the water before a lot of boat traffic appeared as its easier for beginners to learn the sport on a flat bay rather than a choppy one...

© 2015 Susan Kotch All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment