Friday, June 5, 2015

Chapter Twenty Two ~ Where Do We Go From Here?

“Nick, Nick, you up?” Zack snuck into Nick’s room and tapped him repeatedly on the shoulder. Nick responded with a moan and looked up at him sleepily, trying to figure out where he was and who was poking him.
“Yeah, what’s up?” Nick pulled himself from his stomach to a sitting position, rubbing his eyes trying to wipe the sleep from them and focus on the human form that was standing before him. “What’s going on? What time is it?”
“It’s me, and it’s about one. I screwed up. I really screwed up.” Zack sat on the bed next to Nick, his elbows propped on his knees, his head down and his hands rubbing through his hair. “I can’t believe I did that!”
“Whoa, hold on Zack, did what? What did you do?”
“I screwed things up with Casey. I went too far. Then instead of apologizing, I just took off on her without any explanation. I mean, I had to leave, you know?” He looked at Nick, obviously upset with himself, and continued, “I started to get out of control. I would have done something that we both weren't ready for — especially not her.”




No comments:

Post a Comment