Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Chapter Nineteen ~ Body Surfer ?

I checked the calendar hanging on the refrigerator as I chowed down on my Frosted Flakes. Tomorrow is the race with Nick, and Fourth of July is two days after that. Two days after that, Zack will be leaving. Five more days of Zack and then my life will be back to where it was before, which was pretty darned uncomplicated. My thoughts were interrupted by Phoebe who had just arrived at my house with her beach bag. We would be heading up to meet Nick and Zack for some bodysurfing and boogie boarding, plans which were made last night between her and Nick while I was off gallivanting with Brown Eyes. She texted this morning when I was lying in bed still trying to figure out whether what had gone on last night was reality or a crazy dream. It surely wasn’t a nightmare. Zack had kissed me. I think I liked it. It was a soft kiss, not a kiss you’d expect from a hormonal teenage boy, but one that a gentleman would give. It was a nice, romantic, soft, gentlemanly kiss. Like Zack. Yes, it was a Zack kiss. Would I let him do it again? Yes, I think I would. I convinced myself I would definitely let him do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment